Hi there! So after the last post which featured a lot of smoothies, you might be thinking, but what about savory meals? No need to worry because here comes a super easy and quick recipe for a delicious and healthy veggie bowl that can be your lunch or dinner (or even breakfast, if you’re anything like me and eat breakfast for dinner sometimes, too).
Smoothies are great but they don’t always end up being nutritious, especially if you feel like eating something sweeter without indulging in chocolate or dessert, and your smoothie base is fruit and (many) bananas. (Unless you make sure to include a serving of veggies in your smoothies; check out my tips on how to create a healthy smoothie!)
So for that reason, here is a savory recipe that’s been my go-to meal for both lunch and dinner recently. Many of my meals are similar and vary basically depending on what veggies I have in my fridge at the moment. So feel free to switch things up and use your favorite vegetables. Now, let’s give this recipe a try!
Healthy veggie bowl recipe
- 50-100g of quinoa
- 100-150g of tofu
- 50-100g of mixed greens
- half a zucchini
- 100g of carrots
- half a cauliflower
- 1-2 tomatoes
- 1-2 tbsp(s) of hummus/half an avocado
- Put the quinoa into a small pot with double the amount of water, set onto the stove and bring to a boil.
- Chop the vegetables and tofu, and then put it all (except for the tomatoes) in a relatively large pan. Add a bit of water so the veggies don’t burn and so they become softer, especially the carrots and the cauliflower. As for the spices, I used dried dill, black pepper and some chilli flakes.
- Stir the cooking quinoa. Take off the stove when all the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is soft.
- Put the cooked quinoa, tomatoes and greens into a bowl. Meanwhile, stir the cooking vegetables.
- Once the veggies are tender enough for your liking, place them into the bowl and top with some hummus or an avocado. Enjoy!
Definitely let me know when you try this recipe, I’d love to hear if you liked it! And watch out this space for more savory meals because more of them are coming soon!